April 10, 2011

Featured Artist ~ Robin Eley


I made a new Facebook friend today and discovered a brilliant artist named Robin Eley. I was totally amazed at this young man's talent. I'm posting what little I was able find out about him personally, several of his incredible paintings as well as two step by step videos of his. I'm usually very careful not to post long videos or multiple videos as I know you guys have busy schedules, but you MUST take a few moments and watch these video demonstrations. I promise, you will be blown away! The first one is of the paining above and the second is a self portrait.

Robin Eley was born in London in 1978, migrating with his family to Australia at the age of 3. In 1997 he moved to California where he attended Westmont College, earning his Bachelor of Fine Arts and captaining the basketball team. In 2002 he returned to Australia where he now lives with his wife Rachel. If you are interested in getting to know more about Robin Eley, you can find him on Facebook, follow him on his Facebook Artst's Page and visit his Web Site. I will also provide a link to his web site at the botton of the post. Here are a couple of articles if you would like to read up on him a bit: "Robin Eley paints Tom Gleghorn for the Archibald Prize" and "What do I know?".

Please click on the images provided for the full view so you can see the incredible detail and delicacy of his work.




Sit back and enjoy a brilliant artist at work!


Only 2 more minutes...


Robin Eley's Web Site


I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!